[GSBN] Can bale buildings be air tight?

Anthony Novelli anthony.novelli at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 18:20:44 UTC 2013

Just a comment and a correction (sic)....

Comment: Kudos for such great strides in achieving these numbers, and thanks EJ for compiling the data. I always have running questions in my mind about the quest for air-tightness, with off-gassing and such. Perhaps less need for air-change systems if this quest is partnered with close attention to materials in construction, though post-CofO purchasing could load any tight building with noxious vapors it seems.

It also seems useful to show where infiltration occurs, and perhaps adapt systems for the "point loads" of moisture to occur at those points?

Correction: I believe the .88 refers to Patrick Kane, in this wondrous season ;) - at least from my Windy City upbringing!

best to you all,
Tony

> Chris wrote:
>
> Hi ej,
>
> Our last test on the house was 0.88 (for hockey fans among you, you may
> notice that our two scores are the jersey numbers of Wayne Gretzky and
> Eric Lindros... coincidence?).

Anthony Novelli
Assistant Director
Development Center for
Appropriate Technology - California Office
2101 Wellmar Dr. Ukiah, CA 95482
(520) 360-8858 • www.dcat.net
anthony.novelli at gmail.com