[GSBN] Sealing wooden floors

Derek Stearns Roff derek at unm.edu
Thu Feb 21 00:43:49 UTC 2013

I will be interested to hear how this finish holds up.  The web site says than it neither penetrates nor forms a surface film.  They say the finish layer is extremely thin.  I don't imagine that a super-thin layer of anything can protect wood for very long against the abrasion of normal (shoe and) foot traffic in a home or office.  And as Chris mentioned, since it is made of mostly natural oils, it is likely to give off VOCs as it cures.  The grail of floor finishes remains elusive.

Derek