[GSBN] Looking for Help in British Columbia

David Arkin, AIA david at arkintilt.com
Mon Jan 14 22:44:49 UTC 2013

Hi GSBN Community:

Anni and I have been approached by a group in British Columbia that is looking to build a sizable (27m x 40m x 15m high) semi-temporary film studio shelter structure.  It may need to be permitted as temporary to save time but their hope is that it could possibly be re-permitted as permanent.

It's located near the coast and possibly not a good candidate for bale building.  However, sequestering carbon is a goal and they have expressed some interest in the HemCrete systems:   http://www.limetechnology.co.uk/hemcrete.htm  Timber is another obvious local resource, and there is ample local expertise in working with it.

We are hoping to identify some like-minded British Columbia architects who might have interest in collaborating with us on this venture.  I thought I'd put it out to this list knowing that we have a good number of Canadians on it, including some wonderful ones in the west.

Much thanks and good wishes for 2013 to you all,

David
david at arkintilt.com (to reply direct rather than to the whole list if you prefer)

ps:  Come ride with CASBA!  http://bike.climateride.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.team&teamID=5206

*  *  *  *  *
Arkin Tilt Architects
Ecological Planning & Design

Please Support my 2013 CA Climate Ride (320 mile bicycle ride from Eureka to San Francisco, May 19-23, with a fundraising goal of $3,000 to support Straw-Bale outreach)
http://bike.climateride.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=2034
Thank you!

David Arkin, AIA, Architect
LEED Accredited Professional
CA #C22459/NV #5030

1101 8th St. #180, Berkeley, CA  94710
510/528-9830 ext. 2#
www.arkintilt.com

"There is no way to peace. Peace is the way."
— A. J. Muste