[GSBN] Window Detailing Question

Brian Hodge brian at anvill.com.au
Sun Nov 25 22:27:20 UTC 2012

The cob is about 20mm thick so that it covers and seals the buck. The foam
is about 20 – 30 mm and extends the depth of the window, which is generally
about 140mm. I agree that the cob would generate a small thermal bridge
where it is used to cover the buck. Our buildings are all over Australia,
but mainly focused in the southern states including Tasmania. We are
located in central Victoria where frosts drop the temperature to  -4 C on a
regular basis in our winter, and on occasions as low as -10 c.

Brian