[GSBN] GSBN Subscriber list, 11/5/12

RT archilogic at yahoo.ca
Thu Nov 8 19:11:47 UTC 2012

On Tue, 06 Nov 2012 01:04:50 -0500, Wild Bill-Bob wrote:

> Note that several people have more than one address subscribed...
> Typically they're people who send mail from several different
> addresses.  Since GSBN only accepts mail from 'full members' address
[snip]

Since this List is pretty quiet these days, I suspect this ran-dumb (sic),
off-topic thought might not offend too many:

Would it be worthwhile to give (sell ?) (hold for ransom ?) all GSBN
listmembers a "sustainablesources.com"  edress ?

Listmembers would be responsible for setting up that edress for POP mail
or forwarding in their own mail programs.

Then geezers like me whose memories ain't what it used to be would simply
have to remember:

   " Sara.Kopp at sustainablesources.com"  or
"DesertDavidEisenberg at sustainablesources.com"

if I needed to send them a message or vice-versa.

One notes that more than a few GSBN Listmembers have acquired webmail
accounts in addition to their "official" accounts presumably in part,
because they aren't always in a location where they can use the servers
associated with their "real" accounts ... but I'm told that outfits like
hotmail, Gmail, YAhoo! etc do all sorts of nefarious things like mine
messages and edress books ... stuff that I'm *sure* Wild Bill-Bob and
Sustainable Sources would not do. Right ?

And there is a certain cachet in having an edress with
"SustainableSources" after your name instead of "aol" or "Gmail" etc.
N'est-ce pas ?

And unlike edresses that are associated with one's ISP or the flavour of
the day webmail accounts, a SustainableSources.com edress would stick like
Ganmain mud forever.

Another ran-dumb thought: I think that if el Lupo (aka Huffy, aka John
Glassford) were to make a "Ganmain Style" video fashioned after that
"Gangnam Style" video (that seems to be everywhere these days) but with an
Oz/NatBuild bent, I think we'd have a viral hit on our hands.

--
=== * ===
Rob Tom					AOD257

< A r c h i L o g i c  at  Y a h o o  dot  c a  >
(manually winnow the chaff from my edress if you hit "reply")