[GSBN] Strawbale Classroom in Cork Ireland (Fire Resistance) (+SB code)

Oasis Design oasis at oasisdesign.net
Thu Mar 15 20:50:18 UTC 2012

Martin,

I'm working on the hydrant water supply as part of the integrated design
for a project with at least two straw bale buildings. The required
hydrant flow in this jurisdiction is determined by the Insurance Service
Office procedure for needed fire flow
<http://www.isomitigation.com/downloads/ppc3001.pdf>.

Can anyone help me figure out the Construction Class number for earth
plastered straw bale for purposes of this calculation?

Here's a table from the document linked above that is sort of a Rosetta
Stone for translating amongst the various standards that you all might
be familiar with:

This calculation is non-critical; we can get it to work with ISO class 1
(the worst) but I feel like we'd have more credibility if we had an idea
what actual class the building fit in...

Thanks,

Art