[GSBN] Question about SB insulation at foundation/ceiling

Bohdan Dorniak bohdan at bdcoarchitects.com.au
Wed Jan 25 00:37:52 UTC 2012

David maaaaate– you can’t guarantee that the bales won’t rot.

I agree with Bruce.

You’re asking for big trouble. (Hope you have lots of insurance cover!)

Strawbales should only be used in walls –using strawbales under floor have
too many damp issues.

I’d like to hear a response from our colleague in New Zealand (Graeme) where
moisture is a real problem.

Bohdan “don’t like using bales under floors” Dorniak

Architect, South Australia