[GSBN] Old cordwood?

Chris Magwood chris at chrismagwood.ca
Wed Jan 11 17:23:08 UTC 2012

Hi all,

A question that's a bit off topic, since it's about that overgrown straw
method of building... but does anybody know of really old cordwood
buildings? I keep reading about these 1,000 year old cordwood buildings
in Greece, Albania and area, but there doesn't seem to be any proof of
their existence, other than as a "fact" that proves how long cordwood
can last. I'm trying to document long-standing examples of lots of
natural building methods, and I can find 100-200 year old cordwood in
North America and northern Europe (which is just fine!), but I'd sure
love to know if these ancient ones are for real or not.

Thanks,

Chris

--
www.chrismagwood.ca