[GSBN] health (ill) effects of earthen floors

Bill Steen bill at caneloproject.com
Thu Jan 5 17:16:56 UTC 2012

Yes and no I would say.  It's talking about dirt floors that have no treatment whatsoever.  That's quite different than floors that have been sealed with oil or that have lime included.  I would assume there is no data available or studies looking at the tataki floors of Japan that have both lime and salts (magnesium chloride) included in the mix but I seriously doubt that hookworm would have been a factor.  Or the same I would think hold true for floors that have been stabilized with cement and sealed in form or another.  In short, that's my answer.
On a note that is indirectly related to all this, the use of cement, not that I'm against it in all respects,  in the third world countries has produced what amounts to a plague of cold in the winter/hot in the summer houses and buildings that in the overall scheme of things, have had a very negative impact.

Bill Steen
bill at caneloproject.com
www.caneloproject.com
www.caneloproject.com/blog