[GSBN] Decrement factor of SB walls (Valentina Maini)

martin hammer mfhammer at pacbell.net
Wed Nov 30 02:11:23 UTC 2011

Dear Valentina,

Thanks very much for the detailed information on thermal performance of one
of your SB buildings in summer.  The thermal delay is consistent with what
others have reported.

As much as I know some GSBN members and their work, others I don¹t know at
all.  I visited your website (www.valentinamaini.net) and enjoyed seeing
your ³Strawbale house near Valencia² and ³Strawbale house near Barcelona².
I invite others to do the same.  One question I have is what the detail is
at the base of the bale wall for the Valencia house.  Are the bales simply
sitting directly on the wood platform?  Also, are the roof and floor made of
SIPs (structural insulated panels)?

Thanks.

Martin