[GSBN] Status of Straw Bale Construction and codes

martin hammer mfhammer at pacbell.net
Thu Nov 10 06:39:29 UTC 2011

David,

Thank you for making the point about the International Green Construction
Code in general.  With or without straw bale, it is a bright new day in the
land of building codes to have such a document.  Your efforts to engage and
challenge the thinking of many people in this realm over many years is a
primary reason this code is about to exist.  Thank you David.  The shift you
have helped create is profound.

It is expected that much of, or at least the particularly effective parts,
of the IGCC will eventually become part of the IBC.  I envision a day when
the Building Code and Green Code are one and the same.

Martin

http://usgbcblog.blogspot.com/2011/11/14-years-later-codes-begin-to-follow.htm>