[GSBN] earthen floor sealer in Haiti

Bill Steen bill at caneloproject.com
Tue Mar 8 18:16:05 UTC 2011

Quickly, I think that the thing that is good about linseed oil is that it not only seals the floor, but it also hardens the material.
So there are two issues that are being considered when we are talking about these kinds of floors.
But I can also say that we have also played around with other oils just to see if we could get satisfactory results in places where linseed oil is not available.
Basically, most oils will provide a decent measure of protection.  Can't remember which one it was, but whatever the cheapest oil was that we could find in the grocery store seemed acceptable.  So in trying to substitute other oils for linseed oil, I would keep it simple and avoid going through all sorts of mental gymnastics trying to go with some exotic option.

Bill
Bill Steen
bill at caneloproject.com
www.caneloproject.com