[GSBN] building in Haiti

Derek Roff derek at unm.edu
Tue Mar 1 00:33:15 UTC 2011

Congratulations, Bruce, and to the other members of your team,

I'm concerned about meeting your definition of "durable".  Using a
standard claw hammer and a pair of wire cutters, in about fifteen
minutes, anybody can remove person-passing rectangle of plaster from a
wall covered with standard-thickness Portland cement stucco over heavy
stucco wire.  If standard Portland cement stucco doesn't meet the
definition of "durable", I don't think other plaster options will
either.

PS.  I love to hear more about the competition that you won.

Derelict

Derek Roff
Language Learning Center
Ortega Hall 129, MSC03-2100
University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87131-0001
505/277-7368, fax 505/277-3885
Internet: derek at unm.edu

--On Monday, February 28, 2011 2:09 PM -0800 Bruce King