[GSBN] Exterior plaster sealer

John Swearingen jswearingen at skillful-means.com
Mon Jan 24 19:58:18 UTC 2011

Archie Logician,

You kind of lost me with all that about tilt-up moose furring on onion
domes, but I think I get the gist of it and it seems like it would require
advance planing, which is not always compatible with curvy buildings, unless
they are computer generated modules.

I've always toyed with the idea of using a flexible drainage mat system,
like the scribbled up wires,  such at
these<http://www.stucoflex.com/rainscreen_drainage_mats.htm>,
 which would conform easily to curves.  How to attach the mat and the lath?
 Tack them both in place over the scratch coat, then go through and drill
holes through the scratch coat (this is really easy when the plaster is
green), and poke 14g ceiling hanger wire through the bales, bending over on
both sides outside the lath.  Voila!  the lathing is secured firmly to the
contours without the use of trees.

Now, isn't that deep?

John *"Help me, I've got the bends!"* Swearingen

John Swearingen
Skillful Means Design & Construction
2550 9th Street   Suite 209A
Berkeley, CA   94710