[GSBN] Exterior plaster sealer?

John Swearingen jswearingen at skillful-means.com
Fri Jan 21 14:51:14 UTC 2011

I'm familiar with Darrel's house, one of my favorite sights along the coast,
and I can tell you that wood will not bend enough to clad this house!  I've
long been a fan of siloxanes, though and I'm happy to see from John
Straube's post, that they will work with a mix without cement.   They are
very long lasting and do provide breathability which is important in an
environment that is naturally humid to begin with.

John "Bend it Like deBoer"  Swearingen

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 6:33 AM, Tom Hahn <tomhahn at econet.org> wrote:

> Ultimately, I'll defer to John's expertise with them, but we have also had
> good experience with siloxanes... admittedly not under such severe
> conditions as you describe, Darrel.
>
> Depending on the surface type/texture, there are several variants in the
> water-based EnviroSeal line that we have used on even very open-pore
> surfaces, with good results (and little or no visual sheen or color change).
>
> Tom Hahn
> Ecosa Institute/Ecosa Design Studio
> Prescott, AZ

John Swearingen