[GSBN] TLS -Putting a Project Together

Chris Prelitz chrisprelitz at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 18:21:11 UTC 2010

Hi Joyce and friends,
I'll pipe in on a strategy I've found useful for both insurance and
financing (after lurking here for eons.) This may be old news - but just in
case:

Paper pushers at most regulatory, permitting, and banking institutions
typically want a project to fit into a nice neat little box
where they can check off that everything is in order. Say the scary
*straw*word or write
*strawbale* on a form,
and there's a good chance you'll raise a red flag, need stacks more
paperwork, maybe even trigger a higher rate,
 or get a thumbs down altogether. I avoid using the word 'straw'  whenever
possible with those chaps.

On insurance and finance applications, my home is wood framed and insulated
with *organic cellulose material* with a 1 hour fire rating.
*Wood, wood frame*, and *cellulose* are all on their forms. I haven't seen
the word strawbale on insurance or mortgage applications - yet.
Sure it's a wee bit nefarious and doesn't forward the widespread acceptance
of straw-bale - but if there's no other way - it can work.

More later

Christopher Prelitz
Prelitz + Partners

1215 Bluebird Canyon Drive