[GSBN] Stacking Bales was thin concrete shell roofs

John Swearingen jswearingen at skillful-means.com
Fri Aug 6 00:48:38 UTC 2010

Well, leave it to my  twin Down Under to do everything backwards!

The difference is that, owing to the relative youth of our mountains, they
are restless and sometimes move without warning.  So we have to figure that
our buildings will move up, down and every other direction, maybe all at
once. Since our houses have to withstand turning on end, or even upside
down, we end up with more posts and points of attachment, as well as heavier
top and bottom plates.

Ausie John's scheme will work in quiet regions with stable ground, but would
never fly in an earthquake--or rather it might!

John

John Swearingen
Skillful Means Design & Construction
2550 9th Street   Suite 209A