[GSBN] A question about mold and insurance

strawnet at aol.com strawnet at aol.com
Fri Oct 2 22:53:51 UTC 2009

Hi all,

This came to us at DCAT and I wanted to share it here to see if anyone
has information that might help resolve this issue. Obviously the
insurance underwriter has the opinion that sb houses are prone to mold,
so one question is, based on what evidence or documentation or studies?
Of course they are in the driver's seat on this - they can make
unsubstantiated claims and the burden is then on us to disprove them if
we can. It would be good to hear from John Straube on this, as well as
anyone else with information that could help.

I have told her about the GSBN archives but will try to pass along your
asking if it was OK with her that I post this here, to Joyce at The
Last Straw. Thanks for sharing what you all know...

David

Question: Have you or do you know of anyone who has researched
mold in strawbale houses. I have just been denied insurance because the
underwriter states that sb houses are prone to mold. All my research
over the past 10 years and during the building process is quite the
oppisite, but i need facts to persuade the ignorant. Also my motgage co
would love to cancel my loan if the insurance does not come thru. We
have been with this company for 4 years and 3 of it during the building
process. Are you able to help?

Thank you Wendy