[GSBN] A nomination

Mark Piepkorn mark at buildinggreen.com
Fri Sep 25 15:30:45 UTC 2009

    I'd like to nominate Andy Mueller. A few of you have met him. He was
Paul Lackinski's hand-picked successor at GreenSpace Collaborative, and
has been rather quietly doing top-notch professional natural building
for several years in the American Northeast. Now he's got something
different in mind.

Andy wrote:
"Over the past few years I have become increasingly irritated by the
fact that most of the work GreenSpace is involved with is primarily for
the privileged (my own personal opinion). I would like to shift my focus
to working with community in developing countries building community. I
think with my past experiences as a planner, landscape architect,
natural builder, and designer that perhaps I would be of better service
to those who need my skills more. I have done some research and found a
few organizations that I could volunteer with for a short time, but
prefer a somewhat different approach wherein I recon, apply for grants
to cover travel and living, develop relations, plan, build, and build
some more. Schools are something that also interest me."

    I've been lucky  to get to know a lot of people in natural building,
but Andy's one of the very few I'd consider a prime asset in virtually
any situation. He has a rare combination of track record, knowledge,
heart, smarts, work ethic, openness, maturity (in the best sense), and
humility.

    He has a lot to contribute to the commons.

    His contact info:

Andy Mueller
GreenSpace Collaborative
Charlemont, MA, USA