[GSBN] prefab strawbale

John Straube john at buildingscience.com
Wed Jul 29 20:19:52 UTC 2009

I looked at the details and am not that impressed. Certainly a good attempt and nothing bad but I am be left perplexed about why this will be cheaper or how it will be as good as an equally solid team building on site under a tarp. Lots of extra material and constrained shapes and connections limit how it can be used.
The lite sheathed version could be built using dense pack cellulose with a lot less wood and work better than straw so why try and use the straw?
There may be some special site labor problem or special advantage that I can't see though.

John Straube
519 741 7920
Sent via BlackBerry