[GSBN] on recycling residential waste

Paul Olivier paul.olivier at esrint.com
Sat Jun 20 00:24:32 UTC 2009

 I would like to share these presentations with the strawbale group:

This first is the presentation on BSF technology that some of you are
already familiar with. This presentationa has been modified quite a bit.
http://www.esrla.com/pdf/Brazil.pdf We will soon be shipping a container of
pods to the USA. There are new designs for the drainage of liquids, and we
designed pallet racks specifically for supporting the large units.

The second is a presentation on a composting program I am organizing in the
highland areas of Vietnam. http://www.esrla.com/pdf/composting.pdf I am out
of my field here, but I have had some help from James Kalin of California
and Mike Richard of Louisiana. Here in the highlands of Dalat BSF are
present, but in very small numbers. These compost bins will serve as seeding
units for the cultivation of large wild populations. Once BSF are present in
sufficient numbers, we will begin to install  bioconversion units to harvest
the larvae.

The third is about the recycling of residential waste in the USA and Europe.
It features my separation technology in the processing of residential
shredder residue. http://www.esrla.com/pdf/rsr.pdf Municipalities in the USA
do not have to wait five or ten years to initiate a total landfill avoidance
program. This can begin now.

However this concept presupposes the source separation of food waste as well
as the source-separation of most recyclable paper and cardboard. Here I
introduce the idea of an aerated storage unit for biodegradable waste that
does away with the need for its daily collection. You will see here a
parallel with the Vietnam presentation. James Kalin is introducing this
separation technology to the state of California.

Many thanks.
Paul

--
Paul A. Olivier