[GSBN] ESBG - detailed programme

Geert Goffin geert.goffin at telenet.be
Mon Jun 15 00:04:37 UTC 2009

Dear everybody-into-straw...

the next European Straw Bale Gathering ESBG 2009 is coming up at the end of August and we have a more detailed programme to show you on http://www.casacalida.be/ESBG/58 - please have a short look!

The ESBG has been growing in the last three editions (2002 in Austria - 2004 in Denmark - 2007 in Germany) from strawbale-networking beyond borders, where straw professionals and organisations of several countries could meet and exchange, into a gathering with conference character, where straw bale building is programmed in many aspects and topics. This fourth edition in Belgium is taking the next step on this way by combining networking, demonstrations, discussions, details, knowledge and experiences...

The Casa Calida team, backed up by many experienced SB people all over Europe, is doing its best with the organisation and planning. Here are some updates for you:

  a..  registration
- until now we have about 30 registrations for the ESBG from 8 countries         ( BE, NL, DE, FR, UK, SZ, NO, USA)
- many people have told or written us, that they are coming to the ESBG, but they haven't registered yet. Keep the first of July in mind, after then there is a higher price.
- most of the registered people are coming for the conference + the extra straw tour on We 26th - so we are glad and motivated to show you some nice strawbale houses in different stages of construction
- most of the registered people are bringing their own tent - so we are planning a cosy camping site near to the ESBG venue "de Waterburcht"
- if you want to stay in one of the B&B and hotels of our list, don't wait too long to book uour bed/room

to register:
registration form and accomodationlist on http://www.casacalida.be/ESBG/58
mail your registration to                          info at casacalida.be
fax it to +32-12-39 55 06

to pay the fee:
IBAN BE 81 7795 9867 3324
BIC code GKCCBEBB.

  a.. main theme "education in strawbale building"
- this theme will occur several times during the ESBG in different topics
- part of the demonstration-workhops of Thursday and Friday will be done in the SB construction of the new strawbale sport gym of the local primary school
- graduates of a local technical secondary school have been working during this schoolyear on parts of the construction
- the children of the school, teachers, parents, the local government, local farmers - everybody will be involved together with the ESBG-participiants
- here are some drawings of this first official sport gym in SB in Belgium

  a.. funding
- we are happy to tell you that there is some funding to participate at the ESBG
- the funding is ment to stimulate motivated young balers with less financial possibilities to join the more experienced balers and to learn from them

 to get supported by funding:
- you are an enthousiastic, motivated baler
- you are at the beginning of your SB career, challenged to learn more and to take your new ESBG-knowledge back to your country
- you are living in an Eastern or Southern European country
- you are living and working in less financial circumstances / you really want to come to the ESBG, but you can't afford it

feel welcome to register, tell us your straw-story and we shall see how we can support you:
http://www.casacalida.be/ESBG/58

Download here the interesting ESBG-readers of previous ESBG's, full of pictures, information, stories, reactions, ...
http://www.casacalida.be/ESBG/58

Please send this message to everybody possibly interested in joining the ESBG 2009...
Thanx for your networking

We hope we can give you a Belgian straw-hug in August!
Warme strogroeten
Gigi

PS: Sorry for any cross postings?!

Geert Goffin