[GSBN] Northeast (U.S.) Natural Building & Living Colloquium

Mark Piepkorn duckchow at potkettleblack.com
Sat Jun 13 13:42:44 UTC 2009

Please redistribute to those who may want to know about this.

- - - - -

The sixth annual family-friendly Northeast
Natural Building & Living Colloquium - Seven full
days! - Sunday, July 26 through Saturday, August
1, 2009 - once again hosted by The PeaceWeavers
:: Thunder Mountain ­ Bath, New York

A hands-on event with an emphasis on natural
building and sustainable living in the
northeastern climate. From natural building and
permaculture to water and energy conservation...
from alternative fuels to sourcing your food
locally... this event is for everyone concerned
about how their lifestyle impacts our Earth.

The weeklong, camp-on-site, meals-provided
colloquium offers VERY full (and very FUN) days
of teaching, learning, building, and networking.
World-class experts, authors, educators,
innovators, designers, and builders offer
hands-on experience with and educational
presentations about "close to the earth" building
materials and lifestyle choices.

On-site camping and all meals (vegan) are
included. Register early for a discount.

http://peaceweavers.com/bws/

- - - - -

What some of last year's participants had to say:

"When I heard about this I knew it was going to
be cool, but I've had ten times more fun than I
ever thought I was going to. It's like nothing
I've ever experienced. I'll definitely be back." ­ Matt M

"I've been getting very interested in natural
building, and this was recommended to me as sort
of an overall vision of that. It's been great, very useful." ­ Sue J

"Awesome. The timber framing project is great.
Great instructor. Incredible group of people. And
I had a ukulele lesson! It's very embracing." ­ Liz J

"One thing I love about this colloquium is that
it's a community... I love that." ­ Kristen R

"With fuel depletion, peak oil, and climate
change happening, it's easy to understand the
many compelling reasons for natural building.
This is where it's at for a sustainable future in
housing, building design, performance, community
design... the whole thing." ­ Dan M

"Connections ­ connections to people, connections
to the natural methods, and ways to learn and grow." ­ Dave M

"The presenters are really awesome ­ they've got
a lot of great information and really seem to know their stuff." ­ Chris M

"This is great! I was sort of expecting
'hippies.'There are people here with progressive
ideas, but still planted in reality. People I can
really identify with." ­ Clay D

"This is my second year here at this gathering.
For me it's a combination of inspiration and
vacation, retreat and refuge. Being around people
who are thinking the same thing as me ­ mostly ­
except for the crazy stuff ­ is such a gift. I
can't imagine not getting here. It would take a
pretty big blizzard." ­ Georgie D

"No matter what age you are, or if you have
children or not, this is a great place to come
and play, or let your inner children come and play." ­ Alison B

"I worked on the strawbale a lot, and I'm really
inspired to go home and try it out. I've been
really enjoying the company of the people I've been working with." ­ Emily A

"It's out of my own skin a little bit ­ but this
is a place to grow into some new skin. Very refreshing." ­ Aaron V

"I've been coming up here every year, learning a
lot about natural building and community. I enjoy
the food, and sitting around the campfire is
really nice in the evening, talking to people. I
just love being up here." ­ Janice B

"The best people in the world are on Thunder Mountain today." ­ David L