[GSBN] PAKSBAB Straw Bale House Shake Table Tests - Friday, M arch 27, 2009

strawnet at aol.com strawnet at aol.com
Mon Mar 30 17:22:31 UTC 2009

 Hi all,

The images that look like photos are actually live shots and if you go to the site now, you can actually format the window to show all four camera views, set the frames per second rate at 10 and watch what is going on there right now - looks like Darcey (I think) and others documenting the conditions of the structure which apparently took longer to shake to failure than initially expected... I'm guessing that the tests will resume at some point today. It would be nice to have an official update if anyone has any idea about how far the testing went on Friday in terms of magnitude of forces, etc. and what's coming up...
Meanwhile I have a condensed window of the four camera views playing away in the background on my laptop while I work on other things... in case I run out of ordinary distractions, I have this extraordinary one!

http://tpm.ce.unr.edu/perl/portal.pl?section=local_video

David Eisenberg