[GSBN] Straw Bale Lenders

David Arkin, AIA david at arkintilt.com
Fri Dec 5 00:43:54 UTC 2008

Hello Mark, All:

I was once in our CASBA booth at an event, and a fellow came up to me,
shook my hand, and announced, "I provide loans for straw-bale homes."
After picking myself up off the ground, I asked him why.  "They're
better built." was his answer, basically noting that folks pay more
careful attention to details such as waterproofing around windows and
doors, etc.  And all the other reasons we all know that make bale
buildings superior.

This fellow is:  Terry Phenecie, 1st Priority Financial, Redwood
Valley, CA, 707/485-0318, terryp41 at adelphia.net

http://www.solarhomefinancing.com/

Good luck,

David

PS:  The exact details portrayed above may not be entirely accurate,
but that's how I like to tell the story.

On Dec 4, 2008, at 8:44 AM, Mark Jensen wrote:

> Greetings Fellow Baleheads,
>
> I have bought land here in Bozeman, Montana to build the cities
> first load bearing straw bale home. The issue I am having is finding
> a lender for the construction portion. Do any of you fine people
> have any recommendations of lenders for straw bale construction.
>
> I look forward to your responses.
>
> Happy Holidays!
>
> Mark Jensen
> Construction Program Director
>
> Red Feather Development Group
> PO Box 907
> Bozeman, MT 59771-0907
> T: (406)585-7188
> F: (406)585-7187
>
> markj at redfeather.org   www.redfeather.org
>
> -Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

*  *  *  *  *
Arkin Tilt Architects
Ecological Planning & Design

David Arkin, AIA, Architect
LEED Accredited Professional
CA #C22459/NV #5030

1101 8th St. #180, Berkeley, CA  94710
510/528-9830
www.arkintilt.com

"There is no way to peace. Peace is the way."
— A. J. Muste