[GSBN] An update on TLS

Brian Hodge brian at anvill.com.au
Thu Nov 6 21:34:54 UTC 2008

An update on TLSHi Joyce,

Could you please let me know how to subscribe to the magazine. If you could send me a form or something that would be good. My new postal address is PO Box 126 Axedale Victoria Australia 3551.

A couple of years back we started a new method of applying the second coat of render which negated the need to hatch the second cote. We now trowel the second cote with a notched trowel which leaves a terrific surface for the final cote to adhere to.

We have also been trying some natural coatings. The one we are currently using on the inside of the house is made up of powdered pure clay, and cooked rice flower with water added to paint consistency. This is applied over the third coat of render with a sponge. It gives us a beautiful silky smooth absolutely dust free surface which fills any small cracks etc. I would be veery interested to hear your personal feedback on this coating, but respectfully ask that the details of the coating not be publicised at this point.

I look forward to hearing from you again.

Kindest regards

Brian Hodge
Anvill Straw
Building Consultants.