[GSBN] 200-yr-old straw houses in Europe?

Chug chug at strawbale-building.co.uk
Mon Jun 2 10:31:50 UTC 2008

Hi Mark

The oldest straw baled building I've come across in the UK was a barn in
Herefordshire made using hop stands for the timber frame and round bales,
about 300mm diameter and 1m long, as infill. Built sometime during the 2nd
WW when english baling machines were not being produced so the farmer
imported a round baler from the US. It was still there a few years back but
was deteriorating as it was unused and some of the roof tiles had slipped
and were allowing the timber frame below to rot.

bale on
Chug
chug at strawbale-building.co.uk
http://www.strawbale-building.co.uk/