[GSBN] Build Beyond Zero update

Bruce EBNet bruce at ecobuildnetwork.org
Fri May 27 21:46:36 UTC 2022

Howdy again, GSBN!  Thanks for all the replies!  We already have more than we can offer the free book (they only needed 5).  If you got in faster than others you’ll know via a separate email.  The rest, please take advantage of the discount code below, and we’d appreciate any reviews or help getting the word out.  Natural building isn’t the answer to every problem, but it sure covers a lot of territory with the good stuff, so let’s not keep it secret anymore.

Thank you!

Bruce and Chris

Howdy, GSBN —

Chris Magwood and I are just now publishing a new book, Build Beyond Zero, that will hit the bookstores on June 16.  We like to think it is pretty good, and that many of you might like having it, maybe even reading it.

About that, our publisher writes:
We’d like to secure a few advance Amazon reviews for your book to help boost it on search queries. Please provide me with 3-5 names (and email addresses) that would be willing to write an honest customer review on Amazon (note: they must be an Amazon customer who has spent at least $50 in the past year) in exchange for a complementary copy of the book.

If you are such a person (Amazon customer who has spent $50/yr), and you want a free copy, let me know and I’ll forward your name & email.  If you hate Amazon with every fiber of your soul and would never spend a penny with them, ESPECIALLY on books, then we certainly understand!  You can still get a discount from the publisher <https://islandpress.org/search?search_api_views_fulltext=build+beyond&type=book&type=book> by using order code BEYOND.

These are wild times, folks, but some good news is that natural building is coming fast onto the main stage — when everyone looks around for climate-friendly ways to build, their gaze usually turns this way towards us.  Which is a scary thought, given what a ragged, unkempt, and ill-behaved group we are (and of which I am ever proud and delighted to be a member).  Be ready, compadres and commadres, to take things to another level.

cheers,

Bruce King
(415) 987-7271
Reducing emissions is essential