[GSBN] Time to Give Straw Another Look / Benefits of Bio-Based Materials / Architect or Designer for Prescott AZ Home

David Arkin, AIA david at arkintilt.com
Fri Jul 10 18:02:25 UTC 2020

Hello GSBN:

Hope this finds all doing well in these unique times.

First, attached is an article I penned for Fine Homebuilding’s Green Building Advisor blog, fyi, on the topic of emerging new forms of building with straw, and the carbon benefits thereof.

On a similar topic, Chris Magwood, Jacob Deva Racusin and I recently appeared on FHB’s 'BS* + Beer Show’ (BS = building science):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIyGYtq9Iu4 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIyGYtq9Iu4>

Finally, I’m hoping to locate some architects or designers in close enough proximity to Prescott, AZ to assist with a house on a very unique, very rocky site, for a California couple looking to build a sustainable home amongst the rocks 20 miles north of Prescott.  They need a concept approved by September and the site suggests someone reasonably local and able to visit frequently would be best.  They have a vision and a good budget. LMK asap if you want to be on the referral list.

Good wishes,

David Arkin / ATA & CASBA

*  *  *  *  *
ATA is still open for business but everyone is working remotely.
The best way to reach us is by email or cell phone.
My cell phone number is 510-418-9786.  Thx.

Arkin Tilt Architects
Ecological Planning & Design
1101 8th St. #180, Berkeley, CA  94710
510/528-9830 ext. 202
www.arkintilt.com

David Arkin, AIA, Architect
LEED Accredited Professional
CA #C22459 / NV #5030 / OR #6738

Co-Director, California Straw Building Association
www.strawbuilding.org
CASBA is a project of the Tides Center

"There is no way to peace. Peace is the way."
— A. J. Muste