[GSBN] Fwd: [Gsbn] Fwd: getting a German hay cutter

Bob Theis bob at bobtheis.net
Fri Jan 24 16:58:23 UTC 2020

Derek, I long to do a great deal more than watch it in action!  I appreciate the voltage and Hz issues. The response of the manufacturer, that they simply don't sell to 60 Hz locations, doesn’t encourage optimism about tolerance of the machine for our supply.

 But step down converters are not prohibitively priced.

Benedikt,  thanks for the kind offer, I will look into it further. The smaller machine you mentioned appears to only vibrate a toothed blade, which I have not found to be very effective on straw. The Big Thing appears to have two toothed blades that work in opposition.  ( Reminds me of the electric carving knife my dad used at the dinner table.)

Bob Theis