[Gsbn] Important GSBN News

Timothy Kennedy timok33 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 07:18:49 UTC 2020

Greetings Bill and All,

That's Great! Been a dream of mine for a while to document that type of
conversation.

My 2 cents is that I'd love to see topic driven videos of 4-12 people
discussing their experience and interviewing each other.

And if someone is willing to moderate, they can take live questions typed
by concurrent silent viewers that help those discussing not loose the
audience with shop talk and address missed elements.

With this group we could even preload a series of questions that we'd love
covered in a lead up thread.

I've participated and presented in Zoom calls like this and it's gone
really well. And the 800+ people signing up were willing to donate money
for the chance to participate and/or view on their own time. Could fund
some more promotion and code development work around the world?

The West Coast of the US just had its second Natural Plasterers Guild
retreat and it sure would have been good if we could have documented and
shared some of those panels and presentations - Maybe next year. Could have
been even more interesting to have those panels be Global.

Thank you again Bill for hosting us all these years, and for pushing us
toward new successes.

Timothy

On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 7:05 AM Derek Roff <derek at unm.edu> wrote:

> Thank you, Bill.  I really like the idea of periodic video discussions.  I
> think monthly frequency would bring a lot of energy and information sharing
> back to the group.
>
> Derek
>
> Derek Roff
> derek at unm.edu
>

> On Jan 22, 2020, at 10:22 PM, Bill Christensen <
> billc at sustainablesources.com> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone!
>
> I have a couple of important news items:
>
> 1) GSBN has moved to a new server, and *the address has changed.*  Please
> be sure that you use the address "*gsbn at lists.sustainablesources.com
> <gsbn at lists.sustainablesources.com>*" (we added the "lists." part to the
> previous address) in all future emails.  I may be able to get the old
> address to forward over to the new, but it'll be best if you just use the
> new address.
>
> We were offline for a while in the fall due to software issues, and I'll
> be forwarding the two emails the list received during our downtime to the
> list as soon as I'm done with this one.
>
> 2) I now have time to put together something I've wanted to do for a long
> time: an online video meeting.  We can use Zoom or GoToMeeting - I'm open
> to suggestions - and talk about what is going on in the world of Straw,
> Earth, and Sustainable Building.
>
> The idea would be to have quarterly or monthly video meetups, record them,
> and post them to YouTube or similar.
>
> The first one would probably just be a round-table type free for all, but
> later ones could center on a particular topic or a presentation by one of
> our esteemed contributors.
>
> I'm thinking that the first meeting could be sometime in February. Let's
> discuss dates and times and, if anyone is particularly familiar with
> various technologies, that too.
>
> --
> Bill Christensenhttp://SustainableSources.com <http://sustainablesources.com/>http://LinkedIn.com/in/billc108 <http://linkedin.com/in/billc108>
>
> “A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention
> with the possible exceptions of handguns and Tequila.” — Mitch Ratcliffe
>
> --

Timothy Kennedy,
6925 SE 65th Ave
Portland, Or 97206