[GSBN] Heat storage capacity of wall systems.

Bohdan Dorniak bohdan at bdcoarchitects.com.au
Thu May 2 23:05:48 UTC 2019

Derek and Lars

I agree – the role of insulation is to prevent heat gain – particularly here in Australia where temperatures can get to 42 degrees C in summer.

That is the beauty of straw bale construction. This year in South Australia we’ve had some very high temperatures. Temperatures taken indoors of 2 straw bale houses has shown that they reached only 29 degrees C.

Maybe European climatic conditions require other thermal techniques?
Bohdan Dorniak

Architect