[GSBN] vaulted straw bale house

ejgeorge at riseup.net ejgeorge at riseup.net
Thu Jul 2 21:40:21 UTC 2015

Thanks to everyone who replied on the vaulted bale farmhouse project -
your comments were much appreciated!

As it turns out, the so-called 2FF's building project was delayed and in
the interim they were able to do more research and meet with a local
engineer.  The engineer was pretty enthusiastic that structurally at
least they could make it happen, so after further discussion they're
planning to work out bugs (as many of you identified) of the
construction process and go for it.

On a side note, said engineer referenced the newly adopted SB code
appendix in their meeting -- even though NY didn't adopt them itself,
it's nice to know people have taken note - good work Martin & all!

On another side note -- we will be out west this September...any vaulted
straw bale houses we could visit? Or any particularly spectacular though
non-vaulted ones we should visit? (mostly NW, but may take some time to
visit elsewheres while we're out there). You can reply offlist.

Thanks all!

ej