[GSBN] earthquake footings

Frank Tettemer frank at livingsol.com
Tue Nov 11 16:22:29 UTC 2014

In our area of Ontario, clay deposits in the soil can offer a similar
problem as "mud".

Jorge, I may be too simple a guy to speak with engineering authority.
I'll speak anyway.

My motto: Driven-in-place steel columns, or cast-in-place reinforced
concrete piers, if it's mud or clay.
My other motto: Rubble trench will work, only if the trench ever gets
down to solid ground.

Frank Tettemer
Living Sol ~ Building and Design
www.livingsol.com