[GSBN] Baling from rounds

Chris Magwood chris at endeavourcentre.org
Fri Sep 27 10:52:08 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I'm wondering if any of you have experience with making rectangular
bales out of round bales with a device other than the standard field
baler. I have done this using the regular baler, but it requires feeding
the straw into machine in an awkward way. I'm looking to try to produce
a large number of rectangular bales in as efficient a manner as
possible. I've looked at all kinds of baling machines (cardboard,
cotton, garbage, etc) but am hoping that maybe somebody on this list has
some experience to guide me, rather than starting from scratch on the
search.

I'm not looking to produce the kind of extremely dense bales that get
shipped overseas. Just regular density, though if the size is slightly
different than the average two string bale, that's fine.

Thanks!

Chris

--
Chris Magwood