[GSBN] Embodied/embedded energy figures

Paul Olivier paul.olivier at esrla.com
Wed Oct 19 00:11:43 UTC 2011

Graeme,

I really appreciate your comments about building small.

In the near future I intend to build several structures here in Vietnam
following traditional styles prior to Western influence.
The concept is quite simple: between two posts spaced every few feet or so,
there is a bamboo mat.
This mat is then plastered on both sides.
Here are two pictures:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22013094/Architecture/IMG_0358.JPG
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22013094/Architecture/IMG_0361.JPG
This is far from being the prettiest that I have seen,
but these structures are small and can be constructed for almost nothing.
I prefer a thatch roof over such a structure.
Are any of you familiar with this technique?

Paul Olivier

Paul A. Olivier PhD
27C Pham Hong Thai Street
Dalat