[GSBN] Embodied/embedded energy figures

Graeme North graeme at ecodesign.co.nz
Mon Oct 17 00:08:31 UTC 2011

Hi Chris -

as per a previous posting

you can contact the author of the Victoria University of Wellington study directly - its was a  PhD thesis on this subject

Andrew Alcorn  - <jandrew.alcorn at gmail.com>

best source I know

cheers

Graeme
Graeme North Architects
49 Matthew Road
RD1
Warkworth
tel/fax +64 (0)9 4259305

graeme at ecodesign.co.nz
www.ecodesign.co.nz

On 4/01/2011, at 3:28 PM, Chris Magwood wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I'm doing a bunch of research to help my students this spring, and I'm trying to compile some good embodied energy stats to give them some guidance around material choices and their environmental impacts. I know that EE doesn't give the whole picture by any means, but it's a good way to show them some comparisons and get them thinking.
>
> I've seen some good charts from University of Bath in the UK and Victoria University in NZ, and a reference chart from the Canadian Architects Association (don't know where the numbers came from in that one). I've also found some research documents that look at EE in particular materials.
>
> Does anybody have other recommendations for EE comparison charts?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Chris
Graeme
Graeme North Architects