[GSBN] the gasification of straw

Paul Olivier paul.olivier at esrla.com
Thu Jul 7 23:43:58 UTC 2011

David,

I have been involved for about two years in the gasification of various
types of biomass,
and I am convinced that this technology would fit very well into the
framework of sustainable housing.
When one thinks of gasifiers, two images usually spring to mind.
1) cheap, tin can gasifiers designed as throw-away units for poor people in
emergency situations;
2) very expensive and complicated units designed for semi-industrial or
industrial use.

I tried to design something that occupies a niche in between these two
extremes.
Please see: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22013094/Paper/Sections/landfill_06.pdf

I could easily see such gasifiers incorporated into the kitchens or out-door
kitchens of strawbale houses.

Many thanks.
Paul

--