[GSBN] Looking for experiences with AAC and Rastra

Bruce King ecobruce at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 23 20:47:18 UTC 2010

Aren't we all in a festive Rastra-bashing mood.

I agree with John Straube & David Arkin that the most important aspect
of any sub-grade construction is the waterproofing/drainage system (my
own summary, correct me if wrong).  Still, Rastra and AAC are VERY
porous, and I just wouldn't be comfortable having them between me and
soggy dirt.

Here's mud in your eyes, Baleheads!

Bruce King
www.ecobuildnetwork.org