[GSBN] SB & Acoustics

Sarah Johnston sarahjohnston at ihug.co.nz
Fri Nov 12 02:42:36 UTC 2010

Hello!

We've had an inquiry from a local road works company about using straw
bale as a landscape wall for acoustical reasons along the main highway
(keep in mind, in this neck of the woods...the main north-south road
is two lanes only...).

They have requested acoustical research and data.  We have the
information in Bruce's book, but I thought I would check to see if
there has been any new testing or research done recently that you
could share with us?

Does anyone have experience with landscape walls along busy highways?
I'm questioning the overall long-term durability of this type of
landscape wall.  Your thoughts and input are all welcome.

Many thanks!

Cheers,
Sarah

Sarah Johnston