[GSBN] SB Overhangs (was Big News!)

Graeme North graeme at ecodesign.co.nz
Wed Sep 1 21:53:35 UTC 2010

There are many ways to give a strawbale wall primary weather
protection - the trick is to make sure that it happens, and this is
what a Standard can do.  Rain screening of some sort is one wonderful
method.

What I despair of is designers who appear to think that they are
"getting away" with something (what?) by leaving good prudent primary
weather protection off their buildings.

I prefer to sleep on wet windy stormy nights.

Graeme
Graeme North Architects
49 Matthew Road
RD1