[GSBN] SB Overhangs (was Big News!)

Rikki Nitzkin rikkinitzkin at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 1 11:52:28 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Maybe this code could include various Options since there are many
ways to solve the problem.

About protecting clay-plastered walls from wind-driven rain or un
protected gable roof walls, there is always the option of a ventilated
rain-screen. I have seen many different options made with wood in
Denmark, and on some of Tom Rijven's buildings in france. The rain -
screens can be simple, beautiful and permit clay plaster.

By the way, are you all aware of the Loadbearing Dome and Vault
building (with a Green Roof) Gernot Minke is working on in Slovakia?
It should be quite spectacular, and could make a nice article for TLS.
I am off to participate in the build next week. Check out fotos at: http://minke-strawbaledome.blogspot.com/

baling on...
Rikki