[GSBN] UK SB Thermal performance numbers

Pete Walker abspw at bath.ac.uk
Sat May 1 09:25:13 UTC 2010

Hi

The thermal test was undertaken in 2008 (reported 2009) in BBA labs in the
UK. The panel was 490 mm thick and 3.4 m high x 3.5 m wide with two layers
of approximately 30 mm thick hydraulic lime render on both faces. the bales
were laid flat (as standard) and the bale density was approximately 130
kg/m3 after compression inside a timber frame. the test was a steady state
guarded hot box arrangement undertaken in accordance with BS EN ISO
8990:1998. I will need to check with partners who sponsored the work before
releasing the report in full, although I don't expect it will be a problem.

regards

Pete

  _____