[GSBN] German Strawbale Building Research Results of FASBA available (english language)

martin hammer mfhammer at pacbell.net
Mon Nov 23 16:56:50 UTC 2009

Hi Dirk,

I'm happy to hear your GSBN voice again.

I echo Jim Carfrae's comment, regarding interest in a pdf, or in a
book-sized version you say might be published next year.  What I'm most
interested in is the information, and in a form that is easy to use.  The
posters do look excellent.  (Maurice & Joy Bennett - might CASBA purchase
the posters for display at events?)

Regardless of the format, I also would be happy to contribute to FASBA for
this information.  Please let GSBN know when a book or pdf version becomes
available.

Dirk, on a tangent, I wonder why we have not heard from you for some time (2
years, I believe).  I ask this only because I know you expressed frustration
a few years ago with the way the English language is sometimes used on the
GSBN.  That for members whose native language is not English, there is
sometimes difficulty understanding what is written, when people use "slang"
or "colloquial" language, or contractions.

I simply wonder if this is a problem for you, or for other people on the
list.  I do not want the mode of communication to inhibit people from
understanding and communicating.  That said, I also do not want to neuter
the sometimes colorful or humorous ways that people sometimes write.

Any thoughts from you or others on this matter?

Martin Hammer