[GSBN] Pete Walker, BRE Centre for Innovative Construction Materials

caroline meyer white fredmeyer8 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 30 15:55:14 UTC 2009

Dear All!

I would like to suggest a new member of the club.

Pete Walker, is an engineer, professor and researcher at Bath University, Director of BRE Centre for Innovative Contsruction Materials, where amoungst straw, hemp, lime, dry-stone wall, developing methods for use of timber etc. is being investigated. He has a personal interest in straw bale construction, a facination like the rest of us. Lately he was the coordintor of the Conference NOCMAT (Non Conventional Construction Materials), that Bruce King mentioned on the list a few month ago.

After having been a fully hands on person for many years with straw construction, I am now peeking in to the academic side, and being really surpriced by how much interest there is and how poorly we are linked, between these two "worlds",

Pete is a very friendly nature, whom I find a key figure in current academic research on straw construction and I find that he could support bridging the more academic knowledge with the practical knowledge on this list.
http://www.bath.ac.uk/ace/BRE-Welcome/

Caroline Meyer White

Friland 23
8410 Rønde