[GSBN] your preferred strapping tool?

John Glassford jacksflat at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 20:29:49 UTC 2009

G ' day Derek

We have given up using strapping tools for pre-compression and these days
only use all thread in pairs for our pre-compression.

The all thread method is far superior to any strapping method that we have
ever used in the past.

It allows for a very accurate roof plate and passes all the cyclone
requirements for States like Queensland.

You can see the method here:

http://glassford.com.au/main/?attachment_id=1272

and here:

http://glassford.com.au/main/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/8.jpg

http://glassford.com.au/main/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/100_2531.jpg

Our engineers around Australia love the method and set the rods every 1.8
metres and beside each window and door opening.  It is quick and easy to do
and we use it in load bearing as well as our hybrid walls.  It is a very
strong method.

If you want additional photos I can send you them to you off line.

Kind regards
The Straw Wolf
Huff 'n' Puff Constructions
http://www.glassford.com.au