[GSBN] ESBG 2009 - ISBBC 2010?

contact at lamaisonenpaille.com contact at lamaisonenpaille.com
Mon Sep 14 17:56:01 UTC 2009

Hello GSBN members,

European SB Conference - 2009
We had our european gathering in Belgium early september. Needless to
say that we all had lots of fun, that we learned a lot, that we made new
friends AND that we had some nice Belgium beers. We have not yet decided
on the location of the next European gathering; a group* has been formed
to decide on that, and to support those who will take on that chalenge.
We want the next european gathering to be in 2011. We'll keep you up to
date when the smoke settles and feel free to contact us if you have
anything to share with us.

* The group members:
Nora Kasanicka
Herbert Gruber
Sissy Hein
Gigi (Geert Goffin)
Friederike Fuchs
Rikki Ritzin
Andre de Bouter

International SB Conference 2010?
This brings me to the organizing of the ISBC. Remember that we talked
about about a proposal from Colorado, a second from the UK and the
suggestion to do it in a 'developing' country? I'm a bit scared of
opening up this can of worms, but time flies and 2010 is on our doorstep.
I suggest that any country that is interested sents makes a proposal and
that we discuss it on the GSBN for a little while. Than we (the GSBN
members) can all vote via Doodle (a very easy to use google voting
tool). I'm all open to any other suggestion on how to make a choice, but
I would like to avoid reading hundreds of long emails on the subject.
Personally I don't care where it is, or how it is organized; as long as
it IS organized.

Andre - lets get together - de Bouter
France

PS David Eisenberg (our special guest in Belgium) was brilliant, and our
hosts very sweet.