[GSBN] Bulk moisture damage

Sarah Johnston sarahjohnston at ihug.co.nz
Sun Jul 12 23:45:03 UTC 2009

Firstly, Thanks, Jeff, for asking this question as it is so often
discussed in theory and most people do not really know what is
happening in practice.

We have not seen or heard of any examples of moisture issues which
were not caused by bulk moisture here in New Zealand.

We have been installing moisture sensors in wall systems so can say
with some certainty (without pulling walls apart and 'official'
studies being conducted) that moisture is not an issue in these
structures with sensors installed.

Cheers,
Sven

Sven Johnston