[GSBN] SB support for St Paul Architect

martin hammer mfhammer at pacbell.net
Wed Jun 24 18:59:06 UTC 2009

If only I had known about this last week.  I was in Minneapolis/St.Paul and
was even on the U. of Minn. campus (looking at Frank Gehry's stainless steel
clad museum) and could have connected in person with Lucas and others.  My
wife is working part time in Minneapolis and it's possible I'll return in
July, so I'll offer my in-person and/or long-distance support to Lucas.  I'm
copying him on this and will follow up with additional information.

I can provide my code related experience, but I think the people in Canada
(or other parts of the US midwest) have the most to offer because of similar
climatic conditions.  I appreciate what Rob Tom had to say.  I understand
that Minnesota winters are extremely cold (down to 50 F below zero) but also
somewhat dry.  Not as much available winter moisture as areas north, south,
and east of the Great Lakes, and often "too cold to snow".  Then there are
the often hot and humid summers, and moisture from those 10,000 lakes.

Martin Hammer

(I also managed to see Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood in St. Paul.  Neither
had any straw bale problems to report or sing about)