[GSBN] Straw Bale House Fire

Brian Hodge brian at anvill.com.au
Tue Mar 31 05:12:57 UTC 2009

Hi All,
as most of you probaby know we have had horendous fires in Victoria Australia. On the subject of fires and straw bale houses, we know of one house in Marrysville, (a town that was virtually wiped out), that made it through the majority of the fire, but when a gas tank on the next door property exploded it took out the dormer windows which allowed ember penetration. If it wasn't for this it would have survived the fire. We are still hunting down another house that went through the fires, but will let you know if we get any more info.

Regards

Brian Hodge
Anvill Straw